In the residential construction industry, the days of chasing paper, digging through file cabinets and scrolling through Rolodexes are over.
Everything necessary to schedule jobs, coordinate with other contractors and improve communication with builders now fits in the palm of your hand. With a construction management mobile app, contractors who work with homebuilders can streamline job management more efficiently and affordably.
Digitizing these tasks simplify the process of homebuilding management for contractors in various trades. No matter if you are a contractor in plumbing, HVAC, electrical or another trade, venturing into new home construction comes with a lot of headache, back-and-forth, and uncertainty. However, using smart, mobile technology that helps you build meaningful relationships with builders can bolster a successful career as a residential construction contractor and provide steady, profitable work.
Land More Profitable Jobs By Excelling At Current Ones
The best way contractors can secure their next job is to perform exceptional work on their current one. An effective way to do that is to utilize a project management tool like Bolt software, which helps contractors with:
- Mobile Access: No more keeping track of physical paperwork. Manage construction jobs from the convenience of any mobile phone or tablet. Simplified tracking with digital data storage helps cut down on miscommunication and keeps teams instantly informed of changes.
- Reporting Tools: Managing workloads with the instant convenience of advanced mobile technology keeps contractors and builders in complete control of current and future tasks.
- Visuals: User-friendly, visually appealing interface provides an efficient prioritizing tool for jobs and tasks.
- Better and more efficient planning allows for more efficiency, which will likely make a positive impression on the builder and help land more profitable jobs down the line.
- Scheduling: Schedule jobs online and access important information, including tasks, documents, and images related to current jobs.
- Document Management: Move or store physical document folders. Every document, record, and data related to a contractor’s jobs is digitally streamlined in one place.
- Auto-Confirm: Stop the time-consuming task of wasting trips to the job site. Auto confirmation features save time, money, and hassles.
- Streamline Current Systems: Downloading work orders directly from the builder saves you time and prevents potentially costly mistakes. Payment processing is also faster and easier.
- Tie Jobs to Accounting System: Invoice jobs more efficiently, clearly, and quickly directly through QuickBooks’ integrated booking system.
- Track Labor and Materials More Accurately: Get a better grasp of your expenses and improve the bottom line by tracking the number of hours worked and materials used.
Construction project management involves a good deal of moving parts. Those who maintain excellent organization will win more jobs than those who are not as efficient.
Contractor Management System Benefits
- Relationship Management: Keeping all information accessible and cohesive makes business relationships easier to build. Maintaining all business contact information in one place allows you to easily network or refer jobs.
- Adapt and Adjust: Comprehensive job details and instant communication tools allow for easy scheduling and task changes, which leads to better production. Organized, efficient contractors make the right impression on the builder, which leads to more contracts.
- Documentation and Data Consolidation: Data and documents related to contractor jobs and tasks are easily accessed, updated, and stored.
- Analytics: Contractors utilize analytics technology to monitor their career progress and job performance as well as monitor the latest industry trends.
- Integrated Job Management: Integrates every possible tool needed for the best chance at success.
- Accurate Record Keeping: There are no questions about handwriting or missing pages of documents or files. Digital record-keeping and information storage allow for accuracy in all aspects of the project management process for contractors and builders.
A project management software that makes records more accessible, communication more straightforward, and allows for more productivity help to leave a lasting positive impression on the builder.
Who Benefits From Project Management Software?
It takes a large variety of skilled professionals to complete new home construction projects. Bolt software helps streamline the process of finding and maintaining employment for the whole construction team by helping optimize existing construction projects.
Among the long list of job types that take advantage of the management tools offered in Bolt's project management software include:
- Brick and Block Masons
- Concrete Finishers
- Construction Managers
- Drywall Installers
- Equipment Operators
- General Laborers
- Heating and Air Conditioning Installers
- Insulation Specialists
- Solar Panel Technician
- House Cleaners
- Mirror and Glass Installers
- Utility Installers
- Stair, Trim, and Door Laborers
- Hardware Installers
- Cabinetry Specialists
- Flooring Installers
What Makes Builders Happy and Lands More Business
- Communicate Clearly: Beyond providing quality and efficient work for the builder, keeping the lines of communication open regarding every aspect of the process will help make the job go smoothly and provide the contractor a better chance at being hired for another project.
- Behave Professionally: Attitude and demeanor go a long way towards impressing builders who will have future contractor needs. Demonstrate flexibility since construction is similar to a team sport, but speak up when you need to stand firm on issues like important change orders. Make builders the kind of contractor they want to have on their construction sites.
- Take Initiative: Don’t rely on technology alone. Knowing offhand the status of tasks as well as other contractors can improve efficiency and make a great impression on builders.
Efficient project management is the best way to make the right impression on the builder and secure work in the future. By maintaining a high level of organization, you can build a reputation for reliability and professionalism.
For more information on how Bolt software can maximize job productivity, contact us today.