Material purchasing for residential construction
Accurate purchasing is the backbone of residential construction efficiency, especially in the current market. Now, more than ever, MarkSystems® Material Purchasing module gives builders’ purchasing departments the tools they need to create accurate work orders and purchase orders regardless of house type.
One module provides all of the construction procurement software capabilities you need
Using the same common knowledge base as all other MarkSystems modules, Material Purchasing is the most comprehensive home building material purchasing software on the market.
The module enables:
- Fixed-price contracts with unlimited pricing history
- Common vendor files across all companies with project-specific preferences for each vendor
- Unit prices from unlimited vendors with primary and secondary designation and unlimited pricing history
- Multi-level take-offs with inheritance down to the community, model, elevation, and option level
- Work orders and purchase orders to be automatically generated from sales agreements and selection sheets
- Direct Excel integration for bid management and unit price lists, allowing easy subcontractor bidding and supplier price updates with no manual entry
- Web-based payment approval with complete approval audit trail
- Web-generated variance purchase orders with user-defined approval hierarchy
- Automated option pricing by community with margins set by category
Automated purchase orders combine base house and option selections
This is where the simplicity of using a single platform for your construction purchase order software really makes a difference.
By looking directly at each accepted sales agreement and associated selection addendums, exactly as specified by sales, MarkSystems’ Contract Management module builds unique, house-specific, 100% accurate work orders.
Each work order detail line provides all available construction-related information including detailed scope of work and option descriptions with individual option costs, colors, styles, locations, and contract comments directly from the selection sheets.
This makes MarkSystems the ONLY procurement management software system that accurately maintains cost and profitability for every option sold throughout the building cycle. Because purchase orders are generated as needed by construction phase, each one has the most current supplier pricing available. The ultimate result is the home builder’s confidence in guaranteeing that every job is completed within budget.
Complete control over pricing, even from multiple suppliers
The days of maintaining endless pricing spreadsheets are over! By giving your suppliers and subcontractors a standard for updating unit prices, MarkSystems' Material Purchasing module eliminates the need for entering pricing data for purchasing departments.
A list of vendors' prices can be maintained for all items, giving purchasing agents and estimators the tools they need to compare prices and select the best value. The Material Purchasing module can maintain unlimited pricing history without hindering database access or report processing speed, giving you the ability to identify pricing trends and react quickly.
Get a demo of MarkSystems
The bottom line: MarkSystems’ Material Purchasing module allows you to work with the most accurate supplier pricing available, identify pricing trends, and automatically generate work and purchase orders from sales agreements.