ECi's preferred payment gateway for online credit card and payment processing
Online credit card processing is the most effective and economical way for businesses to process payments. Since 2011, NET1 payment gateway has been providing ECi customers with credit card processing; typically at a substantially lower cost than other payment processors.
ECi customers typically save $50–$300 per month when they switch to NET1.
Integrated with your ECi Software, NET1 payment processing:
- Offers free set-up of your merchant account and ecommerce gateways, with no application or programming fees
- Provides an accurate and detailed rate quote with full disclosure of all potential fees
- Has the lowest guaranteed overall processing costs; reducing invoicing costs by up to 90%
- Is internet-based with no modem or credit card machine required and no software training needed
- Utilizes PCI-compliant Virtual Terminals with maintenance-free automatic updates
- Provides a higher standard of payment and data security with secure end-to-end encryption
- Offers flexible Tier 1–3 solutions for B2B, B2C and large government contract requirements
- Processes both credit/debit card and check payments with 24-hour access to processing and reporting
Frequently asked questions about NET1 payment processing
How does NET1 work?
Payments are taken through your website or over the phone and keyed into your ECi ERP solution. Point-of-sale card processing is also available if face-to-face service is common, with fast responses and approvals. Certain features and capabilities may vary depending on your ECi solution. Check with your account manager to see if NET1 will work for you.
Is NET1 available as a stand-alone and an ECi integrated solution?
Yes, NET1 may be used with retail, back office, ecommerce, and restaurant applications as well as within the ECi Advantage, DDMS, DDMSPLUS, e-automate, M1, JobBOSS, Red Falcon, RockSolid POS, RockSolid MAX, Spruce and TeamDesign software products. Certain capabilities and features may vary depending on your program. Contact your account manager for details.
How does NET1 work with my ECi software?
With a NET1 integration to your ECi software, once you process a transaction, it automatically integrates with the NET1 system. You can find the processed transactions on the NET1 gateway which means you don’t have to reconcile manually. Certain capabilities and features may vary depending on your program. Contact your account manager for details.
What are the integration benefits?
- Process payments on sales orders, recurring contract invoices, and, for e-automate users, payments through e-info.
- Credit funds back to a card from a processed ECi ERP solution accounts receivable invoice.
- Accept credit card or ACH payments directly from a sales order or accounts receivable invoice.
- Automatically create the appropriate payment and credit information in your ECi ERP solution.
- Reduces your business liability by storing and securing sensitive payment card information offsite in NET1’s credit card vault.
- Hassle free! No installation or constant updates to perform.
What is PCI compliance?
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of requirements designed to ensure that ALL companies that process, store, or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment; essentially, this applies to any merchant that has a merchant ID (MID).
How does NET1 ensure data security?
NET1 offers real-time fraud control AVS, CVV, and CVV2 at no additional cost. Point-to-point/end-to-end encryption with tokenization ensures customer card data doesn’t go through your network or ECi’s.
What credit/debit card types does NET1 accept?
NET1 accepts all debit and credit card types and gift cards issued by MasterCard, Visa, or Amex.
Can I process both credit/debit cards and checks with NET1?
Yes. In addition to credit and debit card processing, NET1 offers Electronic Check Services which moves payments electronically from your customer's checking account to your NET1 Merchant Account. NET1 Electronic Check Services is a true Automated Clearing House (ACH) product that requires no double entry or back-end check printing. It works like a paper check, without the additional costs and time delays. NET1 Electronic Check Services processes payments and displays real-time reports from any internet-enabled PC, providing convenient access away from the office.
Do I need to change banks?
No, there is no need to change banks; deposits can be made to your current financial institution.
Can I set up automated payments from my customers?
Yes. Flexible automated payment scheduling is available with NET1. You can also track credit card expiration dates when used for recurred billing.
What are the three payment levels?
Level 1: If you operate a Business to Consumer (B2C) company, you are using Level 1 credit card processing. This is what most companies use when processing standard consumer credit cards offered by Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Lever 2: If your business provides goods or services to other businesses (B2B), especially if you interact with small to medium-sized businesses, you might have to explore Level 2 processing as an ideal solution.
Level 3*: Level 3 Processing is used in B2B and B2G transactions to help large corporations monitor and track their spending by collecting a set of additional line-item details. Utilizing that extra data, this top tier of processing offers significantly lower interchange rates for Visa and Mastercard transactions. Level 3 transactions are government credit cards or corporate cards. Level 3 processing requires the most detailed data; because so much data is needed to qualify for Level 3, the processing rates are lower and require well-equipped software.
*Available on select integrations; see your account representative for details.
How am I billed for NET1 services?
Your monthly fees are automatically deducted from the checking account we have on file. Please do not send checks for your monthly NET1 fees.
How much can I save by switching to NET1?
Our customers save an average of $50–$300 per month!
How can I save money by using NET1?
- Through reduction of postage, paper, and labor expenses
- By setting up recurring billing at no extra cost
- By eliminating bank fees and lost interest.
Customer's save big with NET1 payment processing
“NET1 saved us at least 35% a month on bank and credit card fees compared to what we had been paying. We didn’t need to batch out ourselves any more—it was all automatic with NET1—and taking care of our month-end reconciliations became so much easier."
– Leigh Ann Whitticar, Boland's Ace Hardware
Read the case study on how Boland's saved on fees now!