Last reviewed: January 2017
ECI Software Solutions Limited (“us”, “we”) are committed to fair information practices and we respect the privacy and security of our users.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you have any requests concerning your personal information please contact us via our contact page. By visiting any of our websites (www.ecisolutions.com/uk/ or www.ecisolutions.com) (“our sites”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is ECI Software Solutions Limited of Newland House, Weaver Road, Lincoln, England, LN6 3QN, United Kingdom.
2. Information collected by us
Save as specifically set out in this policy we will only collect additional personal information from you, if you have chosen to provide it to us. You should not provide such information if you do not want us to collect it.
The information we collect from you depends on what activities you are carrying out on our sites and whether you are logged in or not. Generally, we collect information from and about our visitors in three ways: information given directly by you; information from our web server logs (IP addresses and URLs); or by using cookies.
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering on our sites, participating in chat rooms, forums, message boards or user groups or any other social media functions, or posting any material on our sites. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our sites.
- If you correspond with us by phone, email, contact forms on our sites or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- The information you give us may include personally identifiable information ("Personal Information"), which may include some or all of the following:
- Your name;
- Your company’s name;
- Address details;
- Contact telephone number(s);
- Email address(es);
- Industry sector; and
- Any other information you choose to provide.
IP addresses and URLs
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types for system administration and to report aggregate information to our affiliates, advertisers or other third parties. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our user service number.
Cookies are text files, used by your computer's browser, that store visitor session data. Cookies, by themselves, do not identify an individual user. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your system.
3. Where we store your personal data
Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your account.
4. Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features that may be available on or accessible via our sites, when you choose to do so (including discussion boards and other social media functions);
- To provide you with the information you request from us;
- To provide you with information about the goods and services that you have expressed interest in or enquired about. We may also provide you with information, products or services we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or third parties with whom we have commercial relationships;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
Providing additional information about yourself and/or your company enables you to derive more benefit from our sites.
Our sites are dynamic environments, which means we are always seeking to improve the services we offer to you. We may develop and introduce new tools and features, which may result in the collection of new information, changes in our use of such information, or the services we offer to you.
5. Disclosure of your information
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your username or reminders, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group or other affiliated companies, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your personal and other information with selected third parties, including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites (usually, this is provided by way of summary statistics and does not generally include your Personal Information), or to any other third party to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ECI Software Solutions Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users and members will be one of the transferred assets.
6. Promotional messages
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by notifying us in writing. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at via our contact page.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our users, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, or the content of their websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Updates and corrections
If you wish to update or correct your personal information, please use our contact page to send us a message clearly stating which changes you wish to make.
You confirm that the information you provide is true, accurate and complete. You will not give any false information nor impersonate any other person or entity or misrepresent yourself or any other person or entity. You understand and accept that you will be liable to us for any damage or loss, howsoever arising from any breach of this clause.
8. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.