This webpage sets out when and how we use your personal information that you or others provide to us.
WHO WE ARE
Our registered address is Newland House, Weaver Road, Lincoln LN6 3QN.
ECI is an international business made up of different legal entities. We use our various group companies to provide our services, and will share your personal information between our group companies to ensure we can provide the services you have asked us to. Details of our various office locations and our corporate headquarters can be found here.
HOW DO YOU USE MY DATA?
When you purchase and use our software
When you purchase and use our software, we will use your personal information to complete your purchase and provide the services to you. The details we collect from you will include your name, company name, address, email address, phone number, payment details and industry sector.
To complete your purchase, we share your personal information with our subcontractors who are involved in the purchase process, such as payment providers, as well as credit reference agencies who we use to assess fraud, credit and/or security risks.
We need to process your personal information in this way to enter into and perform the contract for the software you have purchased from us.
When you attend one of our industry events
When you attend one of our events (such as a tradeshow, customer conference, or other promotional event sponsored by or participated in by us), we will collect the following information from you: name, address, email address, phone number, company name, industry sector and payment details. If you are already a customer and register to attend an event, we will use the customer details we already hold on file for you to confirm your booking. We need to use your personal information in this way to complete the booking contract between us.
We provide a delegate list to the organisations and other individuals who attend our events. We do this because our events provide a useful networking opportunity and we have a legitimate interest in wanting to help build and develop our customer community. You can object to us using your information in this way by getting in touch via our contact page.
When you contact us
When you get in touch with general queries, we may also handle your personal information (your name, contact details and the other details you provide to us) in order to provide the customer services you have asked us to. This could be when you ask us to provide more information about ECI generally, or explain the functionality of particular software products.
Except as set out below, we rely on your consent to handle your personal information in this way. You can withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not change the legality of our use of your personal information before you withdrew your consent. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
If you are phoning us because you are a customer and support services are included in your contract with us, then we need to use your personal information in this way to complete the contract in place between us.
When you have expressed an interest in ECI:
This section applies if you have opted in to receive marketing communications (such as ECI updates) from us, or have previously expressed an interest in ECI and not opted out.
We will handle your personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) to provide you with marketing communications in line with any preferences you have told us about.
When we send you marketing emails because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you for marketing purposes.
If you have not opted-in and we send you marketing emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote the success of our business.
Every email we send to you for marketing purposes will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from receiving them.
You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can tell us that you do not want your personal information to be processed in this way at any time by contacting us via our contact page or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link shown in every marketing communication you receive from us.
To make our site better:
We will also use your personal information to provide you with a more effective user experience (such as by displaying software products we think you will be interested in).
Our use of your information in this way means that your experience of our site will be more tailored to you, and that the content you see on our site may differ from someone accessing the same site with a different history or browsing habits.
We also share your aggregated, anonymous data with third party analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will also use your personal information for the purposes of making our site more secure, and to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We process your data for this reason because we have a legitimate interest to provide you with the best user experience we can, and to ensure that our site is kept secure.
You can prevent us from using your personal information in this way by using the 'do not track' functionality in your internet browser. If you enable do not track functionality, our site may be less tailored to your needs and preferences.
If our business is sold:
We will transfer your personal information to a third party:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we will provide your personal information to the seller or buyer (but only to the extent we need to, and always in accordance with data protection legislation); or
- if ECI or the majority of its assets are acquired by somebody else, in which case the personal information held by ECI will be transferred to the buyer.
We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
In some circumstances we may also need to share your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share it to comply with a legal obligation.
WHAT ABOUT TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND ANALYTICS?
Information we collect about you:
When you visit our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our user service number.
Information we receive from other sources:
We are also working closely with third party advertising networks, analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers from whom we may also receive general aggregated anonymous information about you.
We will combine the information you provide to us with information we collect about you.
WHERE IS MY DATA STORED?
We, our group companies and many of our third party partners are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so our and their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, we ensure it is protected by making sure at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- by transferring your personal information to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission
- by using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give your personal information the same protection it has in the EEA
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar levels protection over the personal data shared between Europe and the US
Where EU personal data is transferred between our group companies, we rely on the Model Contract Clauses to ensure that data is protected. You can obtain a copy of the Model Contract Clauses by getting in touch with us via our contact page.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third party data storage providers.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA FOR?
Where you are a customer of ECI, we will retain your data for so long as you remain an ECI customer, to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with your membership or if any legal issues arise.
Where we have used your personal information to contact you for marketing communications, if you have opted-in we will contact you at least annually to ensure you are happy to continue receiving electronic communications.
If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, we promise to stop sending them to you.
Where we have processed your data for any other reason (such as where you have contacted us with a question in connection with our software) we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or legal requirements.
Where we do not have a fixed retention period, to determine the appropriate retention period for personal information we hold, we consider various factors. In particular, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of that personal information, the reasons why we handle your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS
You have the right to object to us handling your personal information when:
- we are handling your personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in the “How do you use my data” section above). If you ask us to stop handling your personal information in this way, we will stop unless we can show you that we have compelling grounds as to why our use of your personal information should continue; or
- for marketing purposes. If you ask us to stop handling your personal information on this basis, we will stop.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
You have various rights under the data protection laws, which you can exercise by contacting us. The easiest way to do this is to contact us using our contact page.
Right of access
You are entitled receive confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal information.
You also have the right to access your personal information which we are handling.
Right to rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal information we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
Right to restriction
You can restrict our processing of your personal information where:
- you think we hold inaccurate personal information about you;
- our handling of your personal information breaks the law, but you do not want us to delete it;
- we no longer need to process your personal information, but you want us to keep it for legal reasons; or
- where we are handling your personal information because we have a legitimate interest (as described in the “How We Use Your Data” section above, and are in the process of objecting to this use of your personal information.
Where you exercise your right to restrict us from using your personal information, we will then only process your personal information when you agree, except for storage purposes and to handle legal claims.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, standard machine readable format and to send this to another organisation controlling your personal information.
This right only applies to your personal information we are handling because you consented to us using it or because there is a contract in place between us.
Right to erasure
You have the right to require us to erase your personal information which we are handling in the following circumstances:
- where we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it for;
- where we needed your consent to use your personal information, you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other lawful way we can continue to use your personal information;
- when you object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling it;
- if our handling of your personal information has broken the law; and
- when we must erase your personal information to comply with a law we are subject to.
Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
WHAT ABOUT WEBSITES WE LINK TO?
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates.
Our site connects you to different websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites or use our services, please note that you have left our site and these websites have their own privacy policies.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check their policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU WITH FEEDBACK?