Fort Worth, Tex. —
ECi Software Solutions, a leader in cloud-based business management solutions, today announced that Christine Cox of ComDoc, Inc. was named the 2018 Everyday Hero Award Winner for her dedicated volunteer work with The Haven of Rest and Broken Chains Ministry, providing women in-need with mentorship and support to improve the trajectory of their lives. Cox was honored at ECi’s biennial user conference, Connect 2018, which took place November 5–7 in New Orleans.
Now in its fourth year, the Everyday Hero Award program was created to honor ECi customers—both individuals and companies—who consistently go above and beyond to help others and make a difference in their communities.
Nominations are submitted by ECi employees, customers and partners and evaluated by an independent panel of judges. Cox was awarded $5,000 for her charities, while runners-up Angie Higgins of B&C Business Products and Mike Rhodes of Esperanza Homes each received $3,000 and $1,000 respectively for their charities.
In addition to recognizing this year’s Everyday Hero honorees, ECi also presented six customer awards to its MarkSystems® ERP user base at its 2018 event:
- Commitment to Excellence – awarded to Dorn Homes for its dedication to customer service, quality and reputation
- Greatest Gains in Operational Efficiency – awarded to French Brothers for its constant improvements in efficiency year over year and for maximizing the full potential of MarkSystems
- Implementation of the Year – awarded to TK Constructors for its ability to accomplish tasks and lead their organization through change with the help of ERP
- Best Practices – awarded to Fischer & Frichtel for its open-mindedness, collaboration and willingness to share and give feedback on homebuilding processes and procedures
- Trailblazers – awarded to Eagle Construction for its early adoption of new technologies and innovative approach to business
- The Tripp Hines Homebuilding Operations Award – awarded to Tom Deurig of Chesapeake Homes ifor embodying the same level of commitment to operational excellence in homebuilding as Tripp Hines, a MarkSystems user, mentor and long-time homebuilder who tragically passed away in an automobile accident
Outside of honoring award winners, ECi Connect 2018 also featured keynote speaker Daymond John, star of ABC’s Emmy Award-winning TV series Shark Tank. John addressed ECi’s more than 1,000 customer attendees—who hailed from small to medium-sized businesses across the globe—offering anecdotal entrepreneurship advice and his five shark points for success. Conference goers also heard from ECi CEO Ron Books and President and COO Trevor Gruenewald for an update on the company’s continued growth and insight on the trends impacting its users’ industries, such as digital transformation, AI (artificial intelligence), IoT (internet of things) and security.
“This was undoubtedly our most successful Connect conference yet, and that’s all thanks to the support of our entrepreneurial and innovative customer base,” said Books. “The team at ECi extends heartfelt congratulations to Christine for her inspiring work outside of ComDoc, Inc., and to all of this year’s Everyday Hero Award nominees. It is a true honor to spend time with our customers one-on-one during our user conference and even more of a privilege to be able to recognize them for their contributions to their communities with our awards program.”